Kids love to play with play dough and always pretend to eat their yummy creations with these Play Dough Cookies your child can have the fun of playing with the dough, and the experience of finally eating something they have made.
What You Will Need:
1. ¾ Cup Of Butter, Softened
2. 3 Ounces Cream Cheese
3. 1 Cup White Sugar
4. 1 Egg
5. 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
6. 2 ¾ Cups All-Purpose Flour
7. 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
8. ¼ Teaspoon Salt
9. Assorted Colors Of Paste Food Coloring
10. 24 Lollipop Sticks
How To Make You Colorful Play Dough Cookies
1. In a mixer combine cream cheese and sugar till fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat until smooth
2. Once mixture is smooth add all dry ingredients slowly until a soft dough ball forms
3. Now you will want to divide the dough into fourths. You will need to tint each ball with the color of your choice. Wrap and chill for 2 hours
4. At this point you should preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
5. Once you have chilled your dough, you will take half of each color and make them into one large dough ball
6. Now shape them into 12-inch long rolls like a snake. Now starting at one end, coil to make s 2 ¾ inch round cookie
7. Place your cookies 3 inches apart on a lightly greased baking sheet. Inserting the lollipop sticks into the bottom of each cookie
8. Baking will only take about 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
Now you just have to let them cool down and enjoy them. A great thing about these cookies is they do not need to be eaten like a normal cookie, you can unravel them coil by coil and have as much fun eating them as you had making them.