Summer is in the air… it’s officially Flip Flop cookie season!
With BBQ’s and garden parties looming, its time to jazz things up a little with this unique and adorable cookie. Iv found them a great hit with adults and the kiddies. As I love to be creative and work with ‘summery’ bright colour, flip-flops and cookies are so linked in my mind. Rather than the standard brown cookie you can spice things up with different colored icing and decorative sweets…
1 box graham cracker crumbs
2 packages oblong cookies
1 tub vanilla frosting
Neon food coloring
Licorice sticks (in a variety of colors)
How to make them..
1. Scatter graham cracker crumbs on a large platter.
2. Divide vanilla frosting into bowls. Use food coloring to create bright colors. We used hot pink, turquoise and lime green.
3. Ice the cookies. Cut licorice sticks in half lengthwise, then into 1-inch strips.
4. Arrange the licorice on the cookies in a “V” shape, to resemble the straps of flip-flops. Where the licorice sticks meet, top with a gumdrop (use a little icing on the back of the gumdrop to get it to stick).
5. Arrange the cookies on the tray of crumbs.
Sounds yum? They’re sure to please! So grab your apron and hit the kitchen to bag your baking badge whilst you’re waiting for the guests to arrive.