Powerful, life giving, healthy – these are commonly used words when we talk about butter. This healthy fat is great for the eye vision, cholesterol metabolism, muscle building and anti-oxidizing. While you can make numerous types of foods with butter – bread, pancakes, cakes, and a lot more – one of the most favourite for all age groups is the butter cookies. Whether it is holiday cookie baking or your home cookie jar that needs to be filled in, warm and soft butter cookies have always been an attractive option.
There are plenty of recipes available for homemade cookies – some are easier while others might make tastier cookies. Whichever recipe you are using, to make your great old fashioned butter cookies, just make sure you make plenty of them – they won’t last long!
To make your simple and easy homemade butter cookies, you need the following ingredients:
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup softened butter
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How do I make it?
1. In a small bowl, mix the flour and the baking powder.
2. Beat the sugar and softened butter separately in a large bowl with an electric mixer. COOKING TIP: If the butter is hard and needs to be defrosted, DO NOT put it in the microwave – instead, cut it into small pieces and leave for a while till malleable. Keep the speed of the mixer at medium-high speed and beat till you get a fluffy and pale mixture. If you are using a standing mixer – that comes fitted with a paddle attachment – this will take about 3 minutes. A handheld mixer will take about 6 minutes to completely blend all ingredients.
3. Once this mixture is all creamy and fluffy, add in the vanilla and eggs, one at a time. Reduce the speed of your mixer to low.
4. Now, add the flour and baking powder mixture and fold in with a wooden spoon till the entire mixture is evenly blended. You can scrap the sides occasionally.
5. Make a 12-inch roll dough and wrap it in a sheet of plastic wrap. Keep this dough refrigerated for about 4 hours or until it becomes firm.
6. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
7. Grease the baking sheets lightly. Cut the roll into 1/4-inch-thick slices of your preferred shapes and place these on large baking sheets. Keep the cookie mixtures about 1 inch apart from each other.
8. Bake for 12 minutes or until the colour changes to golden brown.
9. Take these out of the oven and place on sheets to cool for about 3 minutes.
Your warm and soft butter cookies are ready to eat! For more exciting and yummy homemade cookie recipes, keep visiting our website.
How did they turn out? Leave your comment below! Also, if you want to learn about decorating cakes and cookies, check out a friend of mine’s new website by clicking here. It’s a great resource