I love these cookies!! Not only are they appealing to look at and great for any occasion but they look like you worked for hours and have mad skills with decorating. No one has to know how simple they are to make or that if you’re like me, that you have no artistic skills!!
What you will need:
1. Royal Icing
2. Mini M&M
3. White Piping Icing
4. Food Color- Red, Light Blue, Grey, Black
5. Snowman Cookie Cutter
6. Your Favorite Cookie Mix
7. Icing Bag and Tip # 1- 1.5
Making Your Bubble Gum Cookies
1. First step is to make your cookies with your favorite recipe
2. Now you want to take the dough and roll it out to a thickness you would like
3. Take your snowman cookie cutter and cut out the cookies but you will have to cut the scarf part off to make it look like a gum ball machine
4. Bake as per your recipe, than cool.
Now on to the fun part.. decorating them!
- Mix your icing in three bowls, one for each color
- With your Royal icing outline and fill the very top of the cookie, the “body” of the cookie with red icing, leaving the ball part without icing and a small square in the “body”
- Let them dry for a bit before more icing is done then fill in the rest of the red with normal icing
- Next with your normal icing you will use your blue icing to decorate the middle round part of the cookie and quickly stick your M&Ms in the blue icing to represent the gum balls
- Now you will fill in the little piece of bare cookie with the grey icing
- Next you will make a “mouth” to you gum ball cookies with the black icing
- Now with your #1 or #1.5 icing tip add the knob and coin slot with your grey icing
It amazes me at times how confusing and masterfully skilled a treat can look yet be so easy to make I hope you enjoy eating these as much as you did making them!
If you have any questions or comments please leave them below, really hope you like this one. You can also sign up to my newsletter at the top of this page and you’ll get a quirky recipe delivered to your inbox each and every week!